Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cold Weather Kayaking

A recent discussion I've seen all around different forums and social media sites in the kayaking world is cold water safety.  I decided to team up with one of my sponsors at Shank's Mare Outfitters and make a small video session on proper gear in cold water.  After you watch these videos the biggest thing to take away from all of this is do not go out in conditions above your skill level even if you have the newest, best, and most expensive gear.  In cold water conditions mistakes happen and people don't always make it home.  Even I stay off the water from time to time.  This is a topic that we will expand on and have more videos on as well in the future.  In the following videos you will see Kyle, myself, and Devin all discuss parts of this important topic.  Be smart, be safe, and always have fun.

Part 1


Part 2

Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment