Monday, October 28, 2013

Lake Clarke 10.18.13 Report

I went out on the Susquehanna River at Lake Clarke in Wrightsville on 10.18.13 and launched from Shank's Mare Outfitters.  Last time out I had great success going down river towards the dam so we tried this at first.  NOTHING!  We then decided to go upstream and hit a creek mouth.  The winds were 10-15mph constant with white caps on the river.  It was a tough paddle but we made it up there.  Once in the creek mouth I started throwing Lure Concepts Spinner Baits and started to hammer some nice smallies!  SUCCESS!

We each caught several fish in here until we decided to go on the other side of the bridge.  Bridge was low and water was high we had to take down all rods, gopros, and visi carbon poles to get under.  On the other side we found some nice water but could not locate any fish.  On the way back under the bridge I forgot my gopro was on my blackpak and made a nice scratch across the lens case.  This ended up being a $40 mistake...OOPS.  We then hit the bridge again from the side where we started and the fishing shut off.  We made the paddle back to the launch in the waves and called it a day.  Although I am still learning the lake this is quickly becoming a close to home favorite of mine to hit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment